Friday, August 25, 2006

It's a Pirate theme for Riley's 4th birthday!!


So, we finally decided that Riley would love a Pirate 4th birthday! I had received some Pirate images from the IRAK group on SCS, so they were perfect!

The background is embossed with white embossing powder to try to mimic a fishing net. The treasure map was watercolored and then crumpled and distressed with caramel ink. It was so hard to crumple up a beautiful image, but I guess if Capt. Jack Sparrow carried a map around with him for a few years, it wouldn't be all pretty and clean anymore!

I have so many ideas in my head! This is gunna be a great party! ARRRR!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love that card! That looks like real netting ! I can't think of a better theme for a 4 year old birthday! Hope he has fun!