Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Abigail


My friend at work is adopting a baby this week and I wanted to make her something special for the nursery. I think this name plaque is perfect! I wanted to use girlie colors without using the traditional Pretty in Pink and white combination. I think the bold yet feminine colors work perfectly.


This actually came together pretty easily once I had all the rectangles cut out and embossed...seemed like that took FOREVER! I stitched around the paper and once I adhered the squares to the green piece, I stitched a wavy line across the letters.


This was the first time I opened the felt flowers from SU! They are really nice! They are so nicely made and thick. I used vintage brads in the centers.

Deb just loved this and I hope she enjoys every moment of her new addition.

Recipe:
Stamps: Schoolhouse Serif alpha
Paper: Ginger Blossom
Card stock: PTI white, Rose Red
Ink: Old Olive
Accessories: Nestabilities, sewing machine, vintage brads, Cuttlebug, Felt Flowers

1 comment:

Tina said...

This is just sooo adorable, any little girl would love this!